Coming Soon! The Softletter Lead Generation and Conversion to Sales Survey
Take a Software Company Excecutive Compensation Survey
As you may know, Softletter publishes a series of regular compensation surveys that cover senior job titles in the software industry. This current questionnaire covers CEOs, CFOs, CTOs, CSOs, CMOs, and Vice President of Product Management.
These are very quick surveys: only nine questions.
- Click to take the CEO Compensation Survey Chief Executive Officer
- Click to take the CFO Compensation Survey Chief Financial Officer
- Click to take the CTO Compensation Survey Chief Technical Officer
- Click to take the CSO Compensation Survey Chief Sales Officer
- Click to take the CMO Compensation Survey Chief Marketing Officer
- Click to take the VP of Product Management Survey Vice President of Product Management
We’re looking for some fairly standard information–in particular, a comparison of “base salary” vs. cash bonuses vs. “variable pay” (commissions, etc.) for your most recent full year and for the previous year. We’ll use this data to identify trends and current compensation benchmarks that you can use to see how your own salaries compare to pay levels at comparable companies.
In addition, we compare salaries based on company development stage and revenue size, important factors that are rarely taken into account in other salary surveys.
Everyone who supplies data for this survey will receive a complimentary copy of the full summary report via access to a confidential page on the Softletter site. Of course, all responses will be strictly confidential. We won’t disclose or identify data about any individuals or about participating companies.
Please pass this invitation along to a colleague in the industry who you feel should participate.
Final survey results will begin to appear in online issues of Softletter later this spring.
Many thanks for your help!
Merrill R. (Rick) Chapman
Managing Editor, Softletter
Welcome to the Softletter Software Company Staffing Survey
This survey is designed to assist software companies to understand:
- How SaaS, mobile applications, and on-premise software companies staff their companies.
- In what numbers and percentages across functional groups.
- What types of outsources they rely on to meet their external personnel needs.
- What percentage of employees consist of H-1B hires and positions they are most likely to fill.
- What positions within a software company are likely to be staffed internally vs. external resources.
- How what percentage of employees are assigned to a particular functional group within a software company (development vs. sales, for instance) and how many actual employees.
- And more.
Everyone who completes this survey will receive complimentary access to the complete summary results on the Softletter website in late spring, as well as selected cross tabulations. We won’t disclose or identify data about any individuals or about participating companies. We encourage both US and international companies to participate.
Almost no hard data on how software companies staff their companies and use outsource and H-1B or national equivalents exists in the software industry. This survey is designed to fill that gap. By participating, you are guaranteeing you and your company early access to invaluable information on a very important topic.
Functional groups covered by the survey cover:
- Product management
We analyze information based on company development stage, revenue size, market type and years in business, important factors that enables us to establish benchmarks for companies in different market sectors. The entire survey is 25 to 35 questions, based on responses, and should take no more than 15 to 20 minutes to complete. Please pass this invitation along to a colleague in the industry who you feel should participate.
Everyone who completes this survey will receive complimentary access to the complete summary results as well as selected cross tabulations. We won’t disclose or identify data about any individuals or about participating companies.
Coming soon! The Softletter Lead Generation Survey
The 2017 Softletter Lead Generation, Management, and Conversion to Sales survey for Software Companies will open soon. This survey is targeted at software firms who are creating, managing, and converting leads to sales. If your firm doesn’t carry out any of these activities (though it’s hard to imagine a software company that doesn’t, you can bypass this survey.
The 2010 Softletter and On Demand Advisors Lead Generation, Management and Conversion to Sales Survey for Software Companies covers the following:
- Lead generation programs
- Lead management and scoring
- Lead definitions
- Most effective marketing programs in generating leads
- Conversion of marketing leads to sales qualified leads
- Conversion of sales qualified leads to sales
- Usage of marketing and lead management tools and software
- Budgetary and marketing effectiveness metrics
Everyone who supplies data for this survey will receive a complimentary copy of the complete summary results in upcoming special issues of Softletter. Of course, all responses will be strictly confidential. We won’t disclose or identify data about any individuals or about participating companies.